The framework will be developed around the following digital twins focused on different facets of the whole aircraft life span:
- Manufacturing Process Digital Twin: composite manufacturing processes.
- Product Usage Digital Twin: in-service behavior of the composite component.
- MRO Digital Twins: the composite repair process.
- Cognitive Digital Twin: Managing data from all systems and tools for gaining knowledge from the overall composite component lifecycle
- A smart combination of manufacturing steps
- Innovative online monitoring systems
- Advanced multi-physics, multi-scale, and fully coupled process simulation to predict the evolution of the curing characteristics
- A new real-time damage propagation model combining advanced Finite Element (FE) simulations
- Open-source High-Performance Computing (HPC)-based simulation of Ultrasonic Guided Waves (UGW) monitoring for virtual inspection of the damaged composite laminate
- A novel secure wireless sensor-based real-time diagnostic system providing in-flight and maintenance crews with accurate prognostic knowledge
- Optimized MRO processes and tools:
- An advanced visual assistance tool
- A novel surface preparation technique
- AI-based online method customized hot bonding repair process
- Multifunctional Disbond Arrest Feature